In summer there are cycling races and bike rides happening almost every week across Estonia (May - September). Here are our picks of the events you don't want to miss:
- Gran Fondo Estonia, 30th April and 20th August. This year Tartu (Estonian second biggest city) is the starting point. Only 350 riders per ride.
- Tour of Estonia, May 25th - 26th, is a UCI class professional race. The tour starts in Tallinn and ends in Tartu. Tartu Rattaralli, which is open for all cycling enthusiasts, is the follow-up event of the tour and is carried out a day later than Tour of Estonia.
- Expedition Estonia, our favourite race. A multisport non-stop coast to coast multisport race: on Foot, by Bike and by canoe/kayak. It all starts on the shortest night, 22nd June, course is open for 48 hours.
- Ironman 70.3 triathlon in South-Estonia, Otepää, June 16th. And Big news! For the first time we will have Full Distance Ironman in Estonia, in capital of Tallinn, 4th August. There are already over 1000 triathletes all over the world registered.
- Tartu Cycling Marathon, September 16th, is the largest mountain bike race in the Baltics and the third largest in the world. A children's mini marathon is also on the programme.
For the full list of events, check out:
The Estonian Cycling Union event calendar: Info in Estonian only but you will get the idea how many races are actually going on.
AeroBike list of road races and time trials in Estonia: Good change to try time trials nearby Tallinn, 7 stages.
Beside races there are plenty of enthusiasts training or riding together. If you want to join group rides we recommend to ask the specific week and dates. We are sure something goes on and some groups will be formed to join. We will also rent you good bicycle and helmet, lights ect.